Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
17th Annual Slow Smoke Competition 2017
Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM
Pipe Smoking Contest
is closed - Event is full
See contest rules at http://www.unitedpipeclubs.org/Resources/Documents/UPCA-Contest-Rules.pdf
Seattle Pipe Club's 17th Annual UPCA Western Regional Slow Smoke Competition
2017 Slow Smoke Chairwoman Lennea Wolfe
CIPC Rules & UPCA Recognition
This year's contest pipe is a truly remarkable pipe created by Salvatore Amorelli. It is a laser-engraved billiard with a acrylic shank. The bowl features engraved tobacco leaves. This is by far the best SPC contest pipe, and rates right up there with our pipes of the year.
The competition tobacco will be . . . SPC's POTLATCH.
Your entry fee gets you:
What an honor and tradition to uphold.
- one of the 15 limited spots -- when they are gone, they are gone
- Contest pipe: Amorelli Billiard VALUED at $225
- competition tamper, matches, 3 grams contest tobacco
- shot at winning the Championship and a whole host of wonderful prizes
- First prize: Awesome Trophy, first choice among donated prizes, and a $250 travel voucher to Chicago to compete for the SPC in the National Slow Smoke Competition in May 2018.
- Other contestants will have a choice of prizes, awarded in order.
- LAST prize: 1,000 matches to the first to go out!
Rick Willowby - our reigning champion
Rick won the 2016 Northwest Regional Slow Smoke last year, with a time of 1 hr 3 min and 30 sec.
His wife, Roxi, won the SPC Slow Smoke back in 2012, making them our first Championship couple.